• Find information using a table of contents, index, and other research aids
• Interpret tables of statistics in an almanac
• Use latitude and longitude to identify locations on a map
• Trace a word’s origins and explore word roots, prefixes, and suffixes
• Find synonyms using the index in a thesaurus
And everything else you need to know to get the most out of your reference books!
Dictionaries, almanacs, thesauri, and atlases often seem overwhelming, even to the best students. But after you discover the secret of the giant tomes, you’ll have a world of knowledge at your fingertip